Selling with MCN BikeMart at 16 JAN 04 (Prices have gone up!)
Placing an ad for "2002 Honda Pan European ST1100, ABS, TCS, Bergundy,
colour matched topbox, extended screen, sensible extras, 5750 miles,
TAXED, £8000 ono, name, std tel, email." - could cost you approximately
- £40 for 1 issue of MCN and 7 days on the web
- Must be placed by Friday to be printed in MCN the following Wednesday
- Basic cost is £24 for 100 characters of printed advert, £25 for basic 7 days online
- Printed ads can cost up to £140 for 3 issues of MCN (including 21 days online)
- Double column width photo ads start at £70 for 7 days online and 1 issue in print
- Higher per-character-charges replace old per-word-charges
- Buyers can only 'advance' search for bikes within 100 miles of their home!!!
MOTOSALE WOULD STILL CHARGE YOU
NOTHING FOR AS MANY ADVERTS AS YOU WANT TO PLACE, WITH UP TO
5 PHOTOS PER ADVERT, AND YOU AND OTHERS WOULD SEE YOUR ADVERT
IMMEDIATELY FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!
Selling with Ebay at 22 OCT 03www.ebay.co.uk
Selling a 2002 Honda Pan European ST1100 at £8,000 could cost you an approximate
£26 plus VAT at 17.5% giving a grand total of £30.55. If you chose listing
enhancements you could easily double this figure.
Complex charging structure with potentially SEVEN cost elements
- LISTING FEE - typically £2 for motorcycles
- AUCTION FEE - fixed at £6 for motorcycles
- BUY-IT-NOW FEE - fixed at £6 for motorcycles
- RESERVE PRICE LISTING FEE - £2 (not refundable if unsold)
- FINAL VALUE FEE - fixed at £18 for motorcycles
- LISTING ENHANCEMENTS - from £0.06 to £49.95
- VAT - charged in EU at prevailing rates (UK 17.5%) on ALL net costs
MOTOSALE WOULD CHARGE YOU NOTHING - IT DOESN'T GET ANY SIMPLER THAN THAT!
Selling your classic (or 'emerging classic') motorcycle with OLD BIKE MART
(Mortons Motorcycle Media Ltd) is by phone, post or web (indirect placement)
On 22nd October 2003, advertising a 1962 Triumph Trophy 650cc twin could cost
you £4.00 for up to 35 words and £6.00 for
a photo advert in Old Bike Mart. Additional words will be charged
- If you want to add your advert to The Classic Motor Cycle, it will cost an additional £6,
with or without photo and another £1 to place your advert on the website.
- If you want to add your advert to Classic Racer it will cost an additional £10,
or £20 with your colour photo and another £1 to place your advert on the website.
- If you want to add your advert to Motorcycle Mechanics it will cost an additional £4 for
lineage, an additional £15 for a large glossy picture advert and an extra £2.50 for the website.
Your adverts must be placed to OBM by (typically) the 20th of the month in order
to be printed and distributed (typically) by the first Saturday of the next month.
Adverts will NOT be placed on the website until the MONDAY after the Saturday issue.
Mortons state in Old Bike Mart "When did you last get something for nothing?
Advertise your bike." If you add up the above charges the minimum cost is £4 to
advertise your bike (for one issue of OBM) and if you choose the other publications
(and options) you could end up with a bill for something in excess of £50. Hardly something for nothing!
MOTOSALE WOULD ACTUALLY GIVE YOU SOMETHING FOR NOTHING (as many adverts as you want to
place, whenever you want to place them) AND THEY WOULD BE INSTANT!
Selling your bike on 22nd October 2003 with Bike Trader (Part of AutoTrader)
at www.autotrader.co.uk could be costly.
- Minimum cost for two weeks web-only advert is £15.
- Bike Trader newspaper is published weekly and rates for advertising can vary according to which of the 13 UK geographical regional publications covers your area (or within which you chose to advertise).
- Prices for one advert in ONE issue of Bike Trader in South London range from a minimum entry cost of £24 up to £100 depending on the style of advert (you also get 2 weeks on their website).
- Prices for an advert in TWO issues of Bike Trader in South London range from £42 to £150 depending on the style of advert (you also get 3 weeks on their website).
- If you wish to advertise in multiple regions - PAY multiple prices!!!
Web based adverts take 24 hours to process and printing deadlines dictate lead times for printed adverts.
MOTOSALE WOULD CHARGE YOU NOTHING FOR WORLD-WIDE ADVERTISING - AND THERE WOULD BE NO WAIT!
BUYING and SELLING with www.motosale.com is completely free!
If you think magazine adverts are FREE, this is what they really cost bought as a single copy:
- Old Bike Mart costs £1.50 per month
- Classic Bike Guide costs £3.00 per month
- Used Bike Guide costs £2.50 per month
- Classic Bike costs £3.30 per month
- FreeAds (regional) costs £4.80 per month (£1.20
per week )
- Bike Trader (regional) costs £4.20 per month (£2.10
per fortnight )
- Motor Cycle News costs £6.40 per month (£1.60
per week )
How may copies will you buy before finding the bike you want - and how much will that
have cost you?
Do you still think magazine adverts are free ?