FREE advert placement (any number - traders included)
FREE photo uploads (up to 5 pictures per advert)
FREE searches by country/region/make/model/year/cc/price
FREE email notification when the vehicle youre looking for appears
Registration and Subscription
- Q. Do I need to register before I start using motoSALE.com?
- A. No, you can search and look at the adverts on the system without registering. However
if you want to contact one or more of the advertisers you will need to register (for free) with motoSALE.com.
You can even access our Services Directory without registering, where you can
find suppliers, repairers and engineers to handle just about anything you want
related to the motor industry
Q. Why should I have to register with motoSALE.com?
- A. We ask you to register some basic information such as your name, email address, country
of residence etc. so that when placing your own adverts we can contact you if there is a
question about the advert details.
When viewing the contact details of an advert we also insist that you have registered with us, we do this to cut down on the amount of fraudulent buying scams around on the internet. Registration is free and we never pass on your details
to any 3rd parties.
- Q. What software do I need in order to access motoSALE.com?
- A. All you will need is an internet browser. We have tested the system
with the following programs:
Other internet browsers may work, although we haven't tested them.
To check the version of your browser, go to 'Help' on the menu bar and select the
option usually called 'About'.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (5.0 or higher)
- Firefox (version 1.0)
- Netscape Navigator (version 6.0 or higher)
- AOL (version 6.0 or higher)
- Opera (version 6.0 or higher)
Q. Which Internet Service Provider (ISP) should I use?
- A. Any ISP is acceptable as the system only needs an Internet browser
program. Broadband would be advantageous because it will speed up the display
Q. I am getting Error HTTP 404 or unable to load page.
- A. This can be one of two problems, either;
- You have the wrong version of Internet browser (to check the version,
go to 'Help' on the menu bar and select 'About'), or
- The server at motoSALE.com is not working, in which case try again later.
- Q. How do I load a picture into motoSALE.com?
- A. When you are providing details of your vehicle, the final stage invites you to
send in a picture. This is optional, but if you do send a picture remember to keep it to a small
size (typically 640 x 480 pixels). There is no charge for including pictures with your advert.
Q. How do I load vehicle data into motoSALE.com?
- A. Trade members can load in their vehicle information from a spreadsheet file - this
can save a lot of typing! Just produce a comma separated values (CSV) file and on the 'My Account'
page there is an option to load in your vehicle information. Full details of the layout required
and options are provided on the 'My Account' page.
- Q. Which camera should I use?
- A. Virtually any digital camera. Both Sony Mavica and Fuji Finepix are recommended.
You will need a camera that can take a low resolution image.
Q. What size / resolution pictures should I be taking?
- A. The lowest quality possible. The optimum to use with motoSALE.com is
(VGA) 640 x 480.
Q. How does the camera connect to the PC?
- A. Most modern digital cameras will connect via a USB port. The only hardware
exceptions are Windows version 95A and NT. For these you will need a card reader
that plugs into a parallel or com port. Any High Street computer store should be
able to provide you with these accessories.
Q. What format of images does motoSALE.com look for?
- A. motoSALE.com will recognise jpeg or jpg images only.
Q. Can I use my video camera?
- A. No, the motoSALE.com system will not accept a video feed. Only digital cameras are compatible.
(Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United
States and/or other countries.)